PKU express™ plus
A powdered phenylalanine-free formula for use in the dietary management of Phenylketonuria (PKU).
PKU express plus is suitable from 3 years of age.
FOR USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION
- A blend of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), vitamins and minerals.
- Updated nutrition profile in line with recommendations1-2 to support adequate intake of nutrients lacking in the typical low protein diet3-8.
- Convenient, pre-measured packaging: no weighing or measuring needed and easy to take on-the-go.
- Available in 15 g and 20 g protein equivalent packets.
- Low volume: each packet mixes with approximately 80 - 100 ml of water or permitted beverage to prepare a low volume drink.
- Flexible for individual taste preferences: five flavors (NEW! Raspberry) offer more choice. Each can be mixed as is or easily customized with permitted beverages to offer a variety of tastes.
References: 1. Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Recommended Dietary Allowances and Adequate Intakes, Vitamins. Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, National Academies. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/HealthInformation/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx. Accessed: August, 2021. 2. Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Recommended Dietary Allowances and Adequate Intakes, Elements. Food and Nutrition Board, National Academies. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/HealthInformation/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx. Accessed: August, 2021. 3. Jurecki ER, et al. Adherence to clinic recommendations among patients with phenylketonuria in the United States. Mol Gen Metab. 2017; 120: 190–197.4. 4. Couce ML, et al. Effects of LC-PUFA Supplementation in Patients with Phenylketonuria: A Systematic Review of Controlled Trials. Nutrients. 2019; 11(7): 1537. 5. Reilly C, et al. Trace element nutrition status and dietary intake of children with phenylketonuria. Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 52(1): 159–165. 6. Barretto JR, et al. Poor zinc and selenium status in phenylketonuric children and adolescents in Brazil. Nutr Res. 2008; 28(3): 208–211.7. 7. Gokmen-Ozel HA, et al. Long-term efficacy of ‘ready-to-drink’ protein substitute in phenylketonuria. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2009; 22(5): 422–427. 8. Knerr I, Blessing H. Seyferth S, Watling RJ, and Chaudhri MA. Evaluation of plasma trace element and mineral status in children and adolescents with phenylketonuria using data from inductively-coupled-plasma atomic emission and mass spectrometric analysis. Ann Nutr Metab. 2013; 63(1-2): 168–173.
PKU express plus20 - Unflavoured
per 34 g (1 packet)